Within our company, we count with the Department for Reimbursements for Manufacturers of Capital Assets, dedicated to the counseling and presentation of this benefit, with enough capacity and knowledge to maximize the reimbursement amounts, minimizing the time to obtain it.
As regards the way we work, it should be pointed out that we concentrate our efforts to give overall advice from the beginning of the formalities until the benefit is granted. Furthermore, we can take part in the negotiation of the security/bonds obtained, in cash or through bank transfer, at competitive market values.
Moreover, we can attend the audits carried out by the Secretariat for Industry through the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) or the National Institute of Industrial Technology (INTI) until they are completed, with additional costs for your company.
Below there is a brief description of the characteristics of the Reimbursement:
It consists in the collection of a tax bond to be applied on the payment of national taxes for an amount equal to 14% of the sale price, once the value of imported inputs, parts or elements added to the good, which have been nationalized with an import duty of 0%, has been subtracted. Moreover, the amounts corresponding to freight, assembly or other items of installation should be subtracted.
Scope of the Benefit
Manufacturers of capital assets, that is, those included in the list defined to that effect by the National Ministry for Economy, are benefited. Furthermore, the factory must be established within the country.
Requirements to obtain the reinbursement
It is applied on the operations having the following conditions:
- The company must be registered in the Register for Producers of Capital Assets. Estimated time to obtain the benefit as from its presentation: 30 days.
- It should involve the sale of new goods, either with or without serial number, manufactured in the country and which are included in the list of capital assets defined by the Disposition 8/2001 from the ex Ministry for Economy and Production.
- The goods must be destined to investments in economic activities in the national territory.
The value of the imported elements which have been nationalized with an import duty of 0% and the capital assets incorporated to the equipment are not considered in the benefit. This issue is of the utmost importance for the company since through its analysis, the benefit can be maximized.
- The corresponding invoice should have been issued and the goods should have been delivered to the purchasers. The form and text used in the issuance are key factors when requesting the reimbursement.
Characteristics of the Bond
The tax bond has the following characteristics:
- It is registered and can be assigned to third parties once only;
- Beneficiaries and assignees can use it to pay the balance of affidavit and advances to Income Tax; income to minimum presumpted income; Value Added Tax and internal taxes;
- In the case of imports, it can be applied to the down payment of Income Tax and value added tax, their withholding and collections
This benefit was created by Decree 379/2001 for the sales as from March 31, 2001. The Decree 2316/2008 established that the reimbursement shall be in force until December 31, 2009.
Taking into account the administrative structure the company has and its estimated level of invoicing, the lessee shall pay, for the professional tasks, an amount equivalent to a percentage fixed by common agreement on the amount of sales subject to the benefit and for which the corresponding bond is issued. It should be paid without any kind of advance payments and at the time of their withdrawal.
With the exception of the registrations in the National Industrial Register and in the Register for Capital Assets Producers, which are charged for their fulfillment.
Like the return of capital assets, we carry out the tasks corresponding to the return of the technical VAT arising from the difference between the payment for inputs and the invoice for the end products.